The weather decided to turn wet and chilly...or shall I say...chillier...
We decided to sleep in for the morning...or at least that was the plan. LeLe was so tired from the night before that she fell asleep on one of the "big" beds in one of the spare rooms. In an effort to test the waters, I left her in the bed instead of moving her to the pack-n-play. Let's just say that Matt and I had a visitor beginning around 7:30 the next morning. So, up and Adam!
We chose to go eat breakfast at the Apple Barn. Several folks had told me about the place. We ended up having to wait about 45 minutes before we got served and barely made it on the breakfast menu. We were able to enjoy some apple fritters and homemade apple butter. The food was the best that we have had yet! LeLe also enjoyed some of their fresh juice.
After leaving there, we decided to run to the Bass Pro Shop. What we thought was going to be a quick trip turned into a very long trip.... Evidently, a lot of people were headed back home and therefore, we got stuck in traffic. Finally, we made it there to be somewhat disappointed. I bet that there were 1000+ people waiting to get into the place. I was amazed at all of the folks and their patience to wait in line for a Santa. I mean I love Santa...but a 3 hour wait....may just be too much for me!!
After our 2 hour trip to the Bass Pro Shop, we headed back home where LeLe was suppose to take a nap. I am not sure why we thought that today would be different than the other days that she hadn't taken a nap....but it wasn't. Matt did let me run to a couple of stores while she tried to go to sleep. Let's just say that she got into some deep discussion with BabyBop and Barney about Dollywood. As soon as I walked back into the door, she was UP and ready to participate in some more Dollywood. She also enjoyed looking at the largest pickle and tomato ever grown. We had to get a picture....for Pappy!
So, off we went, this time around 4:30 to make one last mark on Dollywood. Again, she declared what rides she wanted to test out and again, we followed suit. It just made our day seeing her little happy face and her making the appropriate noises on each of the rides. While on the ducks, she would shout "QUACK QUACK" every time that her little duck came around....same for the pigs and bumble bees. We again rode several different animals on the merry go round.
Around dark, we decided to call it a day (as it was getting really chilly). So, we went to grab a bite to eat at the Old Mill Restaurant. It was good but we are ready to get home.
Oh! I added some pictures of our cabin too!
No comments:
Post a Comment